Important customer notice about driving licence checks
The following will apply to all of our Pearce Bros rental bookings commencing AFTER 8th June 2015, for drivers who hold a UK mainland driver license issued by the DVLA.
- From 8 June 2015, the paper counterpart to the photocard driving licence will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA. The counterpart was introduced to display driving licence details that could not be included on the photocard. These details include some vehicle categories you are entitled to drive and any endorsement/penalty points. It will have no legal status and should be destroyed.
- For rental bookings STARTING ON OR AFTER JUNE 8TH 2015 where you require Pearce Bros Hire Insurance, we will have to check your entitlements and endosements using the DVLA “share my service“.
- For Pearce Bros to be able to do this you should provide a unique code from the gov.uk website and share this with us when you pick up your vehicle. We use the code to validate your entitlements and endorsements.
- Details on how to use the service can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes
- IMPORTANT: You can only access this service 3 days prior to the vehicle pick up for the code to be valid to check your details.
Please feel free to get in touch with Pearce Bros today and we will be only too happy to help.